Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Review: Neutrogena Fine Fairness





It was the need for both a budget-friendly and effective product that urged me to try some of Neutrogena's Fine Fairness products. I was at the mall with another (expensive but effective) product in mind when I came across Neutrogena's display. I needed something to brighten up my skin and fade my pimple marks and after a few minutes of chatting with the promodiser and deciding whether to go for it or not, kuripot tendencies got the better of me and I gave in (Yes, there was a promo). I got the Foam Cleanser, Day Lotion with SPF 30, and Overnight Brightening Cream for only P1,000+.
After almost 3 months of using them, here's my little review of each:


Fine Fairness Foam Cleanser

Foam Cleanser
Before this, I was using VMV's Spring Cleaning Foam Cleanser for Dry Skin and Lactacyd Blue alternately; I have oily skin and I swear by oil-free moisturizing facial wash. Like all foam products, you need to lather up a pea-size amount in your palm or a facial cloth. Apply and massage your skin gently as you cleanse. 


Overnight Brightening Cream
Night Cream
This is the first time I used separate creams for day and night. After toning with my VMV Spring Cleaning toner, I apply this on. It has a lotion consistency and a little sticky, but great for moisturizing. I didn't notice any dramatic improvement on my dark spots within my 3 months of use, but I did like the bright glow it gives overtime. I noticed that when I wake up in the morning and wash my face, there remains a sheen of healthy brightness on my face. :)

Day lotion with SPF 30
Day Lotion
The day lotion is less thicker than the night cream and may feel a little sticky upon application, but it dries up fast. At least on my skin. I only applied a little on my first few days of use but I noticed that my face would feel dry after a few hours so now I apply liberal amounts and just allow enough time for it to dry before I powder. 5 minutes in front of a steady fan should be enough. :) The amount needed really depends on how oily or dry your skin is. For me, it's 2-3 pumps depending on the  weather. My face is always oily no matter the moisturizer so what I do is top it off with a little primer before powder. 
As to the effect, like the overnight cream, there's no dramatic change in terms of fading my marks after 3 months of use. But like the overnight brightening cream, it gives a bit of that Korean dewy glow that may work and look very well on girls with combination or dry skin. 

Overall, I can give these three a 4/5 mark for the glow and moisturizing benefits. For the brightening though, there's no noticeable change, but I'm willing to give it a few more months to see the effect. :) Will I buy it again? Maybe as a budget-friendly alternative to the VMV brightening line.

No comments:

Post a Comment