Friday, February 26, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016: Being the third wheel

Here's to everyone who had their parents as a valentine date on February 14! I know I wasn't the only one. And instead of sulking at home being jealous of my friends who were able to spend the 14th with their SOs, I decided to celebrate it (happily and with no bitterness) with my mom and dad.

First of all, no I am not single, but I am in a long distance relationship. Due to our busy schedules, the boyfriend and I decided to just have our date some other time. I know some of you might ask, "Not even a surprise bouquet on the day of?" Yes I know in an LDR there should be at least little surprises on occasions such as V-day, but when you're in a long-term LDR, priorities tend to transcend trivial affairs and traditions and focus on long term goals. At least in our relationship. So going back, I gladly third-wheeled with my parents and went to a church-and-dinner bonding on February 14. Greenbelt was so packed with couples and families that I admittedly wasn't able to listen properly to the mass (Sorry, Lord). We decided to dine in at Draft Gastropub because my dad's a huge fan of draft beers and their food is something I knew my mom would like. Luckily, not so many people stayed for dinner as there's work the next day so we didn't have a hard time getting seats.

Here are some shots I managed to take before digging in:

Classic Buffalo Wings
Hoegaarden (Buy 2 get 1 glass)

Sticky Date & Toffee Pudding
Penne
We also got the Chopped Chicken Salad but it was devoured before I could take a picture. :P No drinks for mommy and me (Yes, all three huge glasses of beer were only for my dad) because we wanted to get Milk Tea from Happy Lemon after. :)

I had fun with my parents, but I would admit, if I had the choice, I would have loved to spend the day with my boyfriend. Despite the distance, I am happy that I am in a relationship with a great guy and I am just looking forward to the day when we can spend all kinds of occasions together.

Someday.

P.S. my folks of course enjoyed the date and were requesting for another one soon (So help me and my budget God). :P 

I made my parents happy on V-day, my love life is going great, life's good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment