Friday, June 12, 2015

REVIEW: VMV Hypoallergenics Spring Cleaning Line for Oily Skin




My first encounter with VMV was about 2 years ago when a friend gave me the Illuminants+ Face-Hand-Body lotion for Christmas. I was recovering from a bad breakout then and it helped a lot in clearing all  the nasty dark marks on my face.

Two months ago, I unfortunately had another (worse!) breakout and this time, I instantly went to a VMV store to check on what they have to offer.

As said on their packaging, VMV was the first, and still the only brand to rate its hypoallergenicity. Their products are free of all common allergens and scents thus guaranteeing that it's all safe even for highly sensitive skin. For the full details of the brand you may visit their website at https://www.vmvhypoallergenics.com.

They have trained consultants in their stores who are patient to answer all your queries about the products and your skin condition. As I supposedly have cystic acne, I went for the following products and regimen:

I bought the Spring Cleaning Line for Oily skin which includes the Purifying Facial Wash (price), Superskin 3 Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid  Toner and the Oil-Free nourisher.

The whole line contains Monolaurin, "a coconut-derived anti-bacterial for gentle yet effective anti-acne disinfection" according to the packaging, which helps  a lot in disinfecting your skin from common bacteria that cause pimples and also acts as a medicine to clear your face of existing scars. It is also specially formulated for oily skin.

And as per the consultant's advice, I added the Id Monolaurin Gel Acne Treatment and the Red Better Spot Corrector, for a more effective regimen, and the Armada Sunscreen SPF 30 to protect the skin especially while it is undergoing treatment.

I start my routine with the Purifying Facial Wash. It is a "gentle, oil-controlling, fresh + light facial washing cream with anti-acne monolaurin + antioxidants."



























It must be used twice (once in the morning and once in the evening), like a normal facial wash. Massage on your face for a few minutes then rinse up. Its consistency is very similar to lotion. It doesn't lather either - really like washing your face with lotion. The good  thing about it though, is it is not at all oily, and  it gives you a radiant glow after washing. In two weeks, my skin became softer and smoother. The effect is of course more visible in areas that aren't affected by acne. However, it doesn't clean the skin so much. When I apply the toner, I still get so much dirt that it somehow feels like I didn't wash my face at all.

Price: P700
Effectiveness  Rate: 4/5
Top Tip: Make sure you have a toner if you use this as your facial wash to totally clean your skin.

Next is the Superskin 3 Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid  Toner. 









































Now, this baby is a winner! The best I ever used yet. It contains Mandelic Acid, and Alpha-hydroxy (AHA) acid that firms up and brightens the skin, in addition to its Monolaurin content. It cleanses deeply and removes dirt, oil and other skin impurities. It also  dried up most of my active (new) pimples after two weeks of using. On the fourth week, all pimples on my left cheek have dried up and the skin is now visibly smooth (just need to be patient for the scars to fade). For the first few days of application, expect stinging (especially when you have active pimples) and minor peeling on the 4th or 6th week of usage.

Note: This toner, like most of VMV's toners, is an active treatment. Meaning, you must use it gradually for 8 weeks, starting with a twice-a-week application and slowly increasing usage until you reach a regular 2x a day usage no earlier than week 8. Here's a schedule guide to help you.







































It is not in the packaging, but the consultant made me take a picture to make sure I follow the right procedure. It is the schedule followed for all their Active Treatment products. Following the schedule is very, very important as products with active ingredients may damage your skin even more if used incorrectly.

Once you start using it in the morning (7th week), you have to wear sunscreen especially when you need to g out, as the active AHA makes your skin more prone to sunburn and damage due to the hot weather. But as much as possible, avoid sun exposure at all times while undergoing this treatment.

Price: P765
Effectiveness  Rate: 5/5
Top Tip: Do not soak cotton or apply too much of the product so you won't dry your skin and peel too much.

After the toner, I let my skin rest for 5 - 10 minutes then I apply the  Id Monolaurin Gel Acne Treatment. This isn't part of the Spring Cleaning line but it does help a lot in healing acne and scars.










































This target treatment can be used for other parts of the body affected by acne, especially acne caused by heat and sweat. I only apply it on my face though. It keeps my face oil-free especially in the morning and helps dry pimples faster. Though it has alcohol, it doesn't dry up the skin and may be applied multiple times a day (as long as your face is clean). Its gel consistency is super cool  to the skin and is perfect in this summer heat. :)

Price: P795
Effectiveness Rate: 4/5
Top Tip: If you have dry skin, always, always put on moisturizer after the Id Gel. I'm oily but this makes my skin feel tight sometimes, so I always moisturize after.

I usually stop at the Id gel. It stands as my moisturizer but let me introduce you to this line's actual moisturizer, The Spring Fresh Oil Free Nourisher. Oil-free and non-pore-clogging, it softens the skin without adding extra shine and disinfects the skin t prevent acne re-occurrence.








































I don't regularly use this one because being oily, I always end up waking up to greasy skin when I put on moisturizer at night. The product's not heavy on the skin though and you only need a small amount to cover the whole face. On the few times I used this (evenings only), I wake up to bright, soft skin, and yes, a bit oily. I plan to use it regularly when summer is over to see its full effect.

Price: P 825
Effectiveness Rate: 3/5
Top Tip: You can skip this if you have oily skin like me, especially when the weather's too warm.

Lastly, another one that's not part of the line but plays a major role in curing acne is the Red Better Spot Corrector. 








































It's very easy to use and very effective, too. After you finish the Spring Cleaning regimen, apply a dot-size on active pimples. The instruction's a little burred but it says: "Dot and spread on affected areas." It will sting a little, but only for about a minute. The good thing here, is that it doesn't dry your skin. The pimples will shrink, redness will disappear, and (in my experience) peel after at least 2 days of using. I actually extend use even when the pimples turned to scars so it'll peel the dark marks. ;)

Price: P450
Effectiveness Rate: 5/5
Top Tip: Only use this at night before you go to sleep and apply only on clean face.


Additional:

Do not forget your sunscreen. Any brand will do, but I use Armada Face Cover also by VMV.








































I use Armada because it is specially designed for people using VMV's products / active treatments. It is also removed of all allergens like all VMV's products so users won't get skin reactions due to foreign ingredients and it won't clog your skin. If you have melasma, it helps lighten dark patches on skin. It actually lightens the whole face in general. It comes in various SPF. Mine's 30. It's light on the skin, and is absorbed quickly so you don't get that icky, sticky feeling you usually get from sun screens or sun blocks. I use it as my moisturizer in the morning. If you want to go for the matte effect, get the one with SPF 40. :)

Price: P 795
Effectiveness Rate: 4/5
Top Tip: If you have to do your face, wait for 5-10 minutes for the lotion to be absorbed by your skin before putting on any makeup.


Voila! There's your acne regimen. This line is the one that's worked for me. You may get a different result because we all have different skin conditions so it's still best to consult a dermatologist.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site.
    Use this anti acne clean up that not only clears acne but also prevents its recurrence and reduces associated skin darkening and scar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most informative article Ive come across on the benefits of this anti acne clean up to reduce acne. Keep up the good work .
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete