Thursday, November 19, 2015

REVIEW: Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer and Eye Primer




I have never been a fan of foundation because it makes me breakout. I only tried about three brands but they all failed me and I'm never trying again. Even BB Cream doesn't work on my skin and I'm pretty much scared to try anything that looks like a foundation, and that includes primer, until I tried Revlon Photoready.








I am currently recovering from a breakout and I'm avoiding all kinds of cream and oil-based products as I'm still undergoing acne treatment. But, I wanted something that will conceal my battle scars while they're healing and I needed something that is light on skin. That's when I came across Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer while window-shopping at SM Makati with my boss. I was hesitant at first, and a bit of skeptic since all the  previous products I tried really just made my skin worse. But, the Revlon lady... well... convinced me in the end. We tried samples, and since I've also been using Revlon's Eye Primer, I bought it. I've been using it for weeks now and I'm loving the results so far.

My left hand without primer

My right hand with primer

The first time I used it, the texture seemed too thin to hide my scars, but it really helped, not by actually concealing them but by lightening my face,including the scars and fading them so that they're not too obvious and harsh-looking. The best thing about it is that, it has a powdery finish without drying the skin. I apply it right after VMV's Id Gel Treatment (I skip moisturizer). The Perfecting Primer + my mineral powder combo gives my skin a bright, dewy glow without the oil. It doesn't make my skin oily even after the day is done so two thumbs up for this product! You can actually skip powder after the primer if you want to. I just apply it to give my skin an even finish and hide my acne marks.

It comes only in one shade (flesh / light beige tone).

Price: P825
Effectiveness  Rate: 5/5
Top Tip: If you have dry or combination skin, make sure to put on moisturizer before the primer as it tends to feel dry.


Also, I would just like to share, I got myself a Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener last year when I was starting to learn (eye) makeup, and one of the basics my friend and tutor required of me was a really good eye primer. As reluctant as I was, I followed her instructions telling myself that it's only the eyes, anyway, plus, I really wanted to create the best results for my eyes. A few months after, it became a staple in my everyday routine.






Revlon Photoready Eye Primer + Brightener comes in a retractable pen-type container and is tipped with a brush so you have full control of the application and amount you'll put on. Plus, the brush helps you avoid touching your skin especially since the skin in the eye area is so delicate. The creamy texture brightens your eyes and doubles as a concealer so you can skip that step and go straight to powder. This primer has a matte finish as well so oily girls like me need not worry!




Price: P725
Effectiveness  Rate: 5/5

***
This is a make-up newbie's firsthand encounter so I apologize if it's not too technical or a make-up-ish review. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment